1985 Porsche 930
Includes numbers matching original engine block
Full bare metal respray in factory color
Recent major engine service
Superb example to be enjoyed as is, or returned to factory specifications.
VIN - WP0ZZZ93ZFS000431
Engine – 3.3L, 6 cylinder, turbo
Gearbox – 5 speed manual
Drivetrain - Rear engine, RWD
Price - OFF MARKET
We love seeing old friends come back! We sold this car 2 years ago in 2015 with to the current owner in Europe. It has been lovingly stored and maintained in his Porsche collection, and it is now available again for sale. It currently shows 111K miles on the chassis (just 1K more than 2015). Please note this car is currently located in The Netherlands and we are happy to arrange PPI and worldwide shipment logistics as needed.
The original listing details and pictures from the 2015 sale are located HERE for your review.
The car presented here is a 1985 Porsche 911 Turbo, more commonly known as the 930 model designation. Being a 1985 model, this car was originally imported from Europe in December 1985, and spent the first 15 years of its life in Kansas, Texas, and Montana with three owners. After enjoying the big open roads throughout those beautiful states and accumulating 90K miles, the car then migrated to Washington State in 2000 where it was owned by a local enthusiast that added just another 20K miles over the last 15 years.
The car underwent a full bare metal restoration in 2011 to the state you see presented here, and has only covered a handful of miles since. The original engine was removed during this restoration process and put on the shelf. A new engine was sourced with just 40K miles on it, and during a recent motor out service and reseal, everything was found to be in proper order with solid compression and leak down numbers.
In 2015, the car was sold to a Porsche collector in Amsterdam, where it resides currently. Accumulating approximately 1000 miles since this 2015 purchase, the car has been lovingly maintained and cosmetic details further sorted to an exceptional level.
The Porsche Turbo cars are being sought for their incredible motorsport pedigree, and raw visceral driving experience. This car is ready to be enjoyed now at your local car show, or driving tour – it needs nothing. It also includes all original parts (engine block, A/C components, etc.) for the future if it is ever desired to return the car to stock configuration.
- Rare sunroof delete 1985 European model 930 with 111K miles on the shell
- Body was stripped of all hardware, glass, interior – taken to bare shell for extensive prep in 2011
- Full color change, Porsche color code LA1 – paint is flawless throughout
- Rare H5 headlights
- New Euro taillight assemblies with Euro lens
- New engine pad
- All new body and door seals
- Late 85/86 3.3L block (please note the numbers matching block comes with the car, it was pulled to build the modified unit here)
- K27-7200 Turbo, with larger intercooler and 1 bar waste gate spring
- Custom stainless free flow exhaust, and headers with heat
- Original injection with all new yellow cad plated injection lines and hardware
- The engine has a total of 41K miles on it, plus recent refresh as noted below
- Recent work in 2015 by Jeff Hines for leaking cylinder base gaskets, heads were pulled and resealed – while apart, visual inspection by noted all parts to be in great order, and the testing confirmed this as well.
- Leak down test results – 8%, 8%, 6%, 9%, 7%, and 6%
- Compression test results – 130, 130, 130, 130, 130 and 128
- After this work, rolling road dyno testing (to verify power and A/F ratios) yielded a peak of 340hp at the wheels, and was tuned to 311hp at the wheels to insure safe ranges and great drivability
- Engine is dry, no leaks, no seeping
- New hard oil lines to front cooler
- Restored oil tank
- Restored gas tank
- Original factory transmission
- New 2nd gear syncro recently done (while engine work was completed)
- Shifts smoothly and engages directly
- Bilstein sport shocks
- Sway bars are original specification
- Front struts have had the spindles raised 19mm per RSR specs
- Steering rack spacers installed to limit bump steer
- Rear shock towers were reinforced to accept coilover suspension
- Brake calipers were rebuilt and refinished – correct factory satin finish with all new plated hardware
- New rubber brake lines
- Fuchs 9x17 front wheels with new tires
- Fuchs 11x17 rear wheels with new tires
- Interior work completed by All City Convertibles and Customs in Kirkland, WA
- RS look interior with new carpet
- RS style door panels - Custom door pull straps
- New leather covered dash with custom stitching
- New factory black headliner
- Leather heated sport seats
Also Included With Sale
- Original numbers matching block
- All original A/C components to restore to original if desired
- Factory Tool Kit, including gloves
- Air Compressor
- Center console
- Center heater control
- Certificate of Authenticity
Please contact Jason at 206-355-7727 to talk about this Porsche 930 for sale.