New Arrival - 1977 Ferrari 308 GTB
New Inventory - 1977 Ferrari 308 GTB
I'll admit it - I had not driven an early Weber 308 before this one, just the later injected 308/328s. It is such a reminder about seek out the best example of whatever model car you desire, and you will not be disappointed...this one has no excuses to use for any event, tour, or weekend jaunt. It has been maintained with a passion to keep it original, enjoyable, and usable.
Ferrari introduced the 308 model to the world in 1975 at the Paris Auto Salon. The newly styled 308 GTB was a return to Pininfarina styling following the Bertone-designed Dino 308 GT4 - it was a proper two-seater again yet utilized the existing 3.0 liter transversely mounted V8. This marvelously engineered engine produced 255hp (240hp for US models), an output strong enough to move the 308 GTB to a top speed of over 150mph.
The early 1976 and 1977 cars featured Weber carburetors, with hotter cams, and did without catalytic converters now making them highly sought after all these decades later. While the very earliest cars were fiberglass bodied (“Vetroresina”), that changed in mid 1977 to steel as production shifted to higher volume. As the early Vetroresina cars have become six figure collectibles, these early 1977 cars have become the ones to collect, use, and enjoy.
This 308 GTB is an excellent example for entry into Ferrari ownership. With meticulous ownership and maintenance, and with high levels of originality, this is the 308 GTB to add to your garage today.
Photos and all details on the Ferrari can be found here - 1977 Ferrari 308 GTB
Give me a call today - I look forward to hearing from you.
Cars In Our Network
Here is a list of cars recently uncovered in our network that are looking for a new home. Give me a call or drop a note to discuss.
- 1973 Porsche 911 S - Restored, excellent condition
- Land Rover 110 PU - Red/Black, low mileage original
- 1967 Shelby GT350 - Red/White, restored
- 1992 Ford Escort Cosworth RS - LHD, original Swedish delivery car, located in North America
- 1957 Porsche Speedster - Blue/Red, older restoration
- 1954 Porsche Pre-A 356 Outlaw - Red/Tan, 912 motor
Cars We Are Seeking
Here is a list of cars we are actively seeking for clients:
- Porsche 991.1 GT3 - Under 25K miles, open on colors and options
- BMW Z8 - prefer 2001 or 2002 MY, and under 30K miles
- 2005-06 Ford GT - Midnight Blue, under 10K miles